Tuesday 8 January 2013

What I'm doing here ...

So - you may want to know a little more about what I'm actually doing here?

My role as part of the Holmsted Staff team will be:
There is a DTS beginning in just over a week - so there is a lot to do in general, both on the base and in preparation for the trainees arriving.
I will be working alongside the DTS staff, being an encouragement to them and the trainees in everything. This may be spending time with the DTS small groups; discussing with the trainees about what they are learning; local outreach in Crawley/Cuckfield/Brighton (looking at homeless outreach and hopefully, if we can
organise it, club ministry) and worship.
As part of the base staff I will have a 'Jack of all Trades' sort of role:
  • Manning reception - organisation and sorting!
  • Hospitality - this involves preparing rooms for cold and hungry travellers - or anyone that stays, guests and the like. This might also mean interacting with guest speakers to make sure that their stay here is blessed and comfortable. 
  • Kitchen - I will learn to cook. Or I will feed everyone cheese on toast. Whichever happens first!
  • Local Outreach - this is in the pipeline - but ideas that the basestaff are thinking up to go out into our local community and have an actual presence here in West Sussex. 
  • Driving. That's fairly self explanatory - but as one of the few that are of the legal age requirements and driving talent ;) I am able to drive a base vehicle. It's either a little red car or what they call the silver bullet (7 seater maybe). This is good news as I sincerely love a good drive.
    SEND ME MIXED CD
    's.
    Good plan, thanks.
Wahey.
That is my varied role here on the base.
I am hoping that God will bring more and more to light as time goes on!

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting, informative and full of you! I hope you learn and grow. You are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, what's DTS? Keep blogging! Lots of love and God bless
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Discipleship Training School - it's what I did just after Uni, before I started at Trinity. It's 3 months intense learning and then 3 months on outreach somewhere.

    Lots of love :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is awesome to read. Your position sounds like a mix of Peter, Luke P., Emma...and you are COOKING!!! You are awesome

    ReplyDelete