Sunday 6 January 2013

High visability was one of fashions more exciting moves.

So. As you may have already heard / assumed, I have arrived safely at Holmsted Manor (which for those who don't know is a YWAM base) and as I arrived there were minor misunderstandings ... but nothing that God isn't bigger than. The house is very big and so quite chilly even though it's not freezing outside.
My new bed (long live the 'tree bed') is 'the cave'. I have made the best cave to live in.I have an indian flag and a rainbow flag to decorate and distract me from the mundane nature of the wood itself - there are scarves hanging down and the presence of a hot water bottle to keep my bed warm like a little lovely warm cave.

Staff Training

Was interesting; being thrown into a scenario where I didn't know anyone was fairly difficult for me. I'm the sort who has to find ones feet before feeling confident. The good thing is, staff training, sort of forces you to be friends - to talk with everyone and to share experiences that are funny or serious together. So that was pretty good.

Pub

The Jolly Tanner is a good 20 mins down the road.
In fact I just android mapped it - it's actually a 1.3 mile and 27 minute walk.
We walked down last night, donned the high vis jackets and wellies. We created a walking in high vis jackets song and left with only one torch (schoolboy error). So there were 7 of us at the pub and there wasn't any space inside, so given that we were all pretty warm from the walk, we sat outside in the garden and enjoyed a delicious glass of red wine.
Then walked back. Which seemed quicker than walking there. So is the way of the world.

Sunday Funities

This morning I went with Jordan, Nicole and Amanda to 'The Point' where we worshipped the Lord. Standard. Cake and Kingdom coffee (coffee with a conscience). 
This evening we had a little get to know each other gathering by the fire -  where we played a casual game of 'CATCHPHRASE' and shared funny wee/poo/vomit stories; not that I had any of course...especially any vomit stories. None of those. 
*I was literally wearing a lashmina* pahahahaha

That's all kids. 
Goodnight from me here in West Sussex, I look forward to hearing from you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, glad you are settling in. Will be praying for you. Loads of love xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee with a conscience...haha You crack me up laur!

    ReplyDelete