Monday 25 May 2009

Attack/Dilema/Breakthrough/Freedom.

I'm having an evening in which I can only describe these bizarre, unknown feelings as an attack. I don't understand what I was feeling and the only description for it is a heavy cloud of frustration, self-doubt and confusion. I couldn't even think of anything in my bible to read though I had it sitting on my knee for a good 25 minutes.

Psalm 144: 1-2
Praise the Lord, my Rock,
who trains me for war, who trains me for battle.
He protects me like a fortified city, and he loves me.
He is my defender and my Saviour,
my shield and my protection.

And so, I declare myself and all people under the same cloud of frustration, self-doubt and confusion protected by God himself who is my fortress and place of refuge. I think it also important to take on the armour of God:
The Belt of Truth.
Brestplate of Righteousness.
Footwear [of choice I assume] of the Good News of Peace.
The Shield of Faith.
The Helmet of Salvation.
The Sword of the Spirit [which is the Word of God]

And with this I go on into the world, not allowing the world to influence my emotions and feelings, but knowing that I am safe and protected by the Almighty.

1 comment: